Terms and Conditions
Would you like to be the new Face of base? Please read these Face of Base Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”) to see if you are eligible to model for us, find out how to apply and for more information on the application process. By submitting an application, you confirm that you have read and agree to these T&Cs. For the purposes of these T&Cs, “base”, “we”, “our” or “us” means basefashion.co.uk Limited and “the model” means the applicant and “you” means the parent/guardian.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF FACE OF BASE?
Face of Base is our exciting new talent recruitment platform, which will give our customers the opportunity to apply to model for Base, and us the opportunity to find a wider variety of potential new talent to work with us. We will review the applications received via the Face of Base portal and successful applicants will be booked directly by Base (not through a model agency) to appear on any or all of Base’ media channels including, without limitation, Base’ websites, mobile websites; Base digital channels or other electronic media; Base social media sites (including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Google+, Tik Tok, Pinterest); and on Base’ YouTube channel (“base.uk”).
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for:
- people who reflect our diverse customer demographic;
- a variety of ages, and style; and
- real people – our customers who love base.
We celebrate diversity and welcome applications from models with visible and non-visible disabilities.
We don’t need the model to have any previous modelling experience, our studio team are skilled at working with models and we have an in-house Model Casting & Booking Team, who will work closely to develop anyone we find via the Face of Base portal.
HOW LONG IS THE FACE OF BASE PORTAL OPEN FOR?
The portal will be open from the 01/05/2021 - 31/05/2021 and we reserve the right to amend, vary, suspend or permanently decommission the Face of Base competition and/or any Face of Base page at any time. Any applications received during the trial period will be formally considered and processed.
WHO CAN APPLY?
The ‘Face of Base’ is open to anyone who:
- is aged 2 weeks - 14 years old
- is a resident of UK;
- is eligible to work in the UK;
- is able to travel to London; and
- has no unspent criminal convictions.
Unfortunately, at this point, we cannot accept applications from anyone who does not meet all of the criteria listed above.
Are you currently signed to a modelling agency? If yes, please let your modelling agency know that you’re applying for the Face of Base competition.
If the model is applying on behalf of themselves, their parent or guardian must be aware and a written consent form must be attached with the models images. If the models application is successful, we require the involvement of the models parent or guardian throughout the process, including being present at all bookings, and giving legal consent prior to all bookings.
If the parent/guardian is submitting the application on behalf of the model, a consent form will not need to be submitted. If the application is successful, then the models parent/guardian will be contacted with the next steps of the process. Proof of ID will also be required by the parent/guardian on all shoot bookings.
Proof of age may be requested if you are invited to attend a casting and we will automatically reject any applicant who we discover is over 14 years old – so please be honest about the model’s age!
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
To apply please visit the Face of base portal page at https://faceofbase.paperform.co
- Submit up to four (4) natural photos of the model, ensure the first photo shows the model at their best and is recent to the date of application. The photos and video must be of the model – we will not accept applications made on behalf of others.
- The model’s photos must be in .jpeg file format and under 5MB in size.
- Complete the other details as requested.
- Read and accept these T&Cs.
- Click ‘submit’.
- On submission, you will see an on-screen message confirming receipt of the application and will receive an email confirmation. Please only submit one application. If you do apply more than once, we will review your first application but any subsequent applications will be deleted.
- Our Model Casting & Booking Team will review the applications we receive via the Face of Base portal and we will be in touch to let you know if you have been successful.
- We aim to respond to your application within 4 weeks after the applications have closed (31st May 2021).
- If the images submitted are of an offensive nature then they will be automatically deleted from the system and you will not receive any response from Base.
SHOOT LOCATION AND TRAVEL
We will do our best to accommodate the shoots nearer to you if you were a successful winner, however we may ask you to travel to our Head Office Studio or to the surrounding London areas, so you must be comfortable to travel if needed. Our address is: Base Studio, Unit 2 Woodford Trading Estate, Southend Road, IG8 8HF.
We will not pay for travel expenses to castings or bookings unless otherwise agreed in advance, on a case by case basis, by the Model Casting & Booking Team.
BASE SCOUT PUBLICITY
If you are successful and we decide to work with you as an Face of Base model, you may be asked to participate in publicity and/or other activities relating to the promotion of the Face of Base at a later date (“Publicity”).
In connection with any Publicity, we may ask your permission to use the photos you submit as part of your application through the Face of Base portal. We will not feature these photos in any Publicity without your permission.
- We will use the Data you provide to review your application and for Publicity if you are successful and consent for us to use your Data in this way (see Publicity section above). We will not use your Data for any other purpose.
- If your application is unsuccessful, we will delete your Data from our systems to ensure your privacy is protected.
- These T&Cs are subject to our website Terms and Conditions at https://basefashion.co.uk/terms-and-conditions. By submitting an application on the Face of Base portal, you are agreeing to these T&Cs and our website Terms and Conditions.
- You warrant and represent (promise) that you meet the eligibility requirements set out in Section D of these T&Cs and we reserve the right to verify your eligibility at any stage of the Face of Base process.
- By submitting an application on the Face of Base portal, you agree to release and hold harmless base from and against any and all loss or damage that arises out of or in connection with your application or involvement in the Face of Base process (whether in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence) statutory duty or otherwise).
- Nothing in these T&Cs shall operate to exclude or restrict any party's liability for death or personal injury caused by that party's negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any liability which cannot be limited or excluded by law.
- Base will not be liable for any system failure or malfunction or any consequences (including your application not being submitted for any reason, lost application data, or failure to save application data) thereof beyond its reasonable control, including if someone or something tampers with the Face of Base portal page in some way whether by fraud, technical or IT failures (including in telecommunications networks, internet access or otherwise or any third party products or actions preventing access to or participation into the promotion), system errors or other issues.
- Base will not be responsible for any applications that are not “submitted”, including if there is a delay in the successful submission message being displayed or the confirmation email being received by you. An application will only be deemed to be submitted once you see a successful submission message on your screen.
- In the event of any dispute regarding these T&Cs or decisions relating to your application and all other matters relating to the Face of Base portal, Base’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- These T&Cs are governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.